WELCOME TO INSTITUTE OF SURVEY AND LAND MANAGEMENT
The history of training technicians in the Engineering and Surveying in Uganda dates back to 1922 when a pioneering group of students were admitted to Makerere Technical College. Over time the Survey technicians’ course was transferred to Nakawa Vocational College in Kampala and to Survey Training School, Entebbe in 1944.
STUDYING AT INSTITUTE OF SURVEY AND LAND MANAGEMENT
The Survey Training School was established by the British Government in 1944 at Katabi sub –county in the then Mpigi District and currently in Wakiso District for specialized training of technicians to generate National Maps and relevant data and it graduated the first batch of Ugandan Surveyors in the 1950s.